Welcome to the homepage for nsc
nsc is a curses-based tty/console monitor for Nagios v1/v2. It allows you to
monitor Nagios services without the expense or availability of a GUI.
Realtime display of Nagios status
Adjustable display layout
Colouring/highlighting for troubled items
Clean and simple display and usage
Displays all essential Nagios service status info on a single screen
Runs anywhere with proper Perl::Curses support.
Visit the SourceForge project pages
Version 0.80 is now available!
This version contains lots of enhancements over v0.71 and everybody is encouraged to
upgrade to it.
News since v0.71:
- Support for the new Nagios v2.0 status.log format
- Support for services and hosts in Nagios "acknowledged" state
- Support for "Remote Nagios" - monitor Nagios on a different host
- Select specific hosts to monitor with --hosts=x,y,z on commandline
- Services can now be sorted by host with the 'h' key
- Improved colour-support and $TERM-handling
- Distribution kit available as rpm package
- Installation script included with .tar.gz package
- nsc will keep running, if status.log ceases to exist or is unreadable
- Numerous display improvements - smoother than ever
- Many other minor improvements and bugfixes
- Switch from GPL to the Perl Artistic License